The State of New York is committed to assuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities. It is the Office of General Services' policy to provide reasonable accommodations in all of its programs and services. This policy is based on the federal Americans with Disability Act, Title II and all applicable federal regulations thereunder. OGS strives to provide:
- Physical accessibility at government facilities, programs, and events;
- Policies, procedures, and accommodations to ensure that all people can partake in, and benefit from, OGS programs and services; and
- Necessary auxiliary aids and services to ensure effective communication to all people.
To review the Policy in its entirety, please follow the link at OGS Reasonable Accommodation Policy for Individuals with a Disability.
NYS OGS hosts the following agencies in the provision of administration services, this includes reasonable accommodation and accessibility.
- Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- Division of Veterans' Affairs
- Office for the Aging
- Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs
- Higher Education Services Corporation
- Council on the Arts
- Hudson River Valley Greenway
- Office of Indigent Legal Services
- State Liquor Authority
The Designee for Reasonable Accommodation (DRA) and American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator is:
Office of General Services Human Resources Management
31st Floor, Corning Tower
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12242
- Grievance Procedure Under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Notice Under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- ADA Complaint Form